VPI Prime Turntable with JMW 10 3D Tonearm
Upscale Audio is the only VPI dealer in California that is VPI Trained & Certified to handle all of your VPI needs!
Ask about the HW-40 feet upgrade, and our special cartridge packages. Flagship turntable performance at a reasonable price. Available with unipivot or gimbaled bearing tonearm. All options include Nordost Reference internal tonearm wire.
With the Prime, VPI wanted to get back to its roots and focus on a table that offers quality high-end sound while taking advantage of improvements in technology. The Prime is Mat Weisfeld's first solo design on a table with Harry's approval as well as input from the rest of the VPI staff.
The Prime includes the following:
- 10 inch 3D arm - Your choice of Gimbal or Unipivot bearing
- VTA Tower for VTA/SRA on the fly
- Classic 20 pound platter and bearing
- Outboard 300 RPM motor housing
- New "Prime" feet which offer improved isolation and better mechanical grounding
- Stainless Steel/Delrin record clamp
- Chassis made of black textured vinyl over MDF with an 11 gauge steel plate bonded to the underside for the ultimate in resonance control and feedback rejection
- Four solid Delrin corner assemblies designed for isolation and mechanical grounding!! A first
- A 300 rpm 24 pole AC synchronous motor capable of high torque and quiet operation installed in a separate aluminum and steel machined assembly
- Inverted bearing - hardened stainless steel shaft, 60 Rockwell chrome hardened ball, spinning in a phosphor bronze bushing and sitting on a PEEK thrust disc. The belt side load is placed at the center of the spinning bearing for zero teeter-tooter effects
- 20-pound damped platter machined from 6061 aluminum to +/- .001” in a 39” circumference!!!
- Motor pulley has an accuracy of +/- .0005” when leaving factory
- Wow and flutter: >.1%
- Speed Accuracy: >.03%
- Rumble: >85db down
- Pivot to spindle: 258mm
- Effective length: 273.4mm
- Overhang: 15.4mm
- Offset angle: 15.42 degrees
- Average RMS distortion: 0.311%
- Internal wiring: premium Discovery wire, optional Nordost Valhalla
- New design 3d printed one-piece body for the ultimate in resonance control.
- Full-length copper shielding tube internally
- Adjustable side weights for finer azimuth settings.
- Built-in “Easy lift” finger lift.
- Offset stainless steel counterweight for stability
- Easy setting of VTA/SRA in thousandths of an inch, calibrated and repeatable
- Adjustable anti-skate.