NOTICE: Be sure to tell us if you spoke to a local dealer. Failure to do so will delay processing of your order. We do not ship without this information.
PrimaLuna ProLogue Classic Integrated Amplifier
The evolution of perfection!
The original PrimaLuna integrated amps, the ProLogue One and Two, have reached cult status and are now a collectible that will no doubt be iconic in the years to come. Some are going so far as to call them "The Marantz 8B of our time". The multi-award winning ProLogue One was in a recommended system called "Tube Nirvana" by The Absolute Sound's Robert Harley. Stereophile's Art Dudley stated "Lustily, heartily, and enthusiastically...recommended." The ProLogue Two was loved the world over in review after review.
If something works, don't fix it. But there were still improvements that could be made. PrimaLuna engineers in The Netherlands went to work to make this the new classic.
The ProLogue Classic Integrated brings you to a world of glorious tube sound and superior engineering and quality.
The ProLogue Classic Integrateds brings the highest quality parts and protection features at an entry level price:
- Innovative, new Adaptive AutoBias circuitry. By simply flipping a switch, users can re-calibrate the amp for optimum operation of EL34s or KT88s. Every ProLogue Classic integrated amplifier can be ordered with either set of power tubes installed. And remember, this circuit continuously monitors and adjusts each tube to run in its sweet spot. No biasing—ever!
- PTP-circuit. If the power transformer should overheat, this "Power Transformer Protection" circuit cuts primary power, allows the amp to cool down, then resets itself.
- OTP-circuit. The "Output Transformer Protection" circuit protects the output transformers in the event of a massive tube failure or user error.
- +B relay. Replaces the plate fuse and works in conjunction with the OTP-circuit to protect the amp against tube failure. This method is less intrusive sonically and the relay resets itself once the faulty tube is replaced.
Next, the ProLogue Classic Integrated incorporates all the features of the award-winning ProLogue One and Two Integrateds:
- Soft-start circuit Extends component and tube life by powering up the amp gently every time you turn it on.
- Tube plate fuse Protects the amplifier output stage. Other amps may need a trip to the shop if a tube fails. Not this one. Just plug in a new tube and fuse, and go.
- Custom designed output transformers Encapsulated low hum, wide bandwidth for great bass and extended highs. Designed by Marcel Croese and one of the most prestigious transformer designers in the USA .
- Premium parts . Fully vented chassis, chassis-mounted ceramic tube sockets, Alps potentiometer, Nichicon capacitors. WBT style speaker terminals. Gold plated input jacks.
- Upgraded Solen capacitors and fast-recovery diodes as found in the ProLogue Two integrated for increased definition and detail.
- Hand made with the finest point to point wiring, with workmanship equal to or better than any product you can buy at any price, period.
- Chassis made of finely finished heavy gauge steel, and five step automotive quality finish. Each coat hand rubbed and polished. Removable tube cage included no charge.
- Toroidal power transformer for low hum, and a front end that is dead quiet.
- Conservative design parameters: Though PrimaLuna amplifiers are powerful, tubes run well below their maximum ratings.
(8 Ohms, 1% THD)
|35 watts x 2 EL34
40 watts x 2 KT88
44 watts x 2 KT120
|Inputs||4 Pair RCA|
|Outputs||4 & 8 Ohm|
|Frequency Response||10Hz-65kHz +/- 3dB|
|THD (1W/1kHz)||< 1% @ full power|
|S/N Ratio||89 dB|
|Power Consumption||285 watts|
|Standard Tube Compliment||2 - 12AX7
2 - 12AU7
4 - EL34
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||11" x 7.5" x 15.5"|