NOTICE: Be sure to tell us if you spoke to a local dealer. Failure to do so will delay processing of your order. We do not ship without this information.
PrimaLuna DiaLogue Premium Power Amplifier
$3199 Stereo / $6398 Monoblock Pair
These are the words of Art Dudley, Stereophile Magazine's resident tube expert, and former publisher of Listener Magazine. He went on and declared the DiaLogue Premium power amplifier "is among the four or five most enjoyable" amplifiers he has ever reviewed awarding an incredible Stereophile Class A rating, placing it's sound quality firmly with amplifiers costing $50,000 and even $100,000.
Tone Audio publisher Jeff Dorgay agreed, declaring the DiaLogue Premium as the Product of the Year tube amplifier.
Speaker companies agree. Because our custom wide-bandwidth transformers are incredible for ribbons and electrostats, Martin-Logan used DiaLogue Premium monoblocks for their incredible displays at the biggest industry trade show in America: CEDIA. The sound was so incredible KEF asked PrimaLuna to provide electronics for three different systems at AXPONA, using this amplifier to power the incredible Blades. These companies invest over $50,000 each to display at these shows, and they don't take chances when it comes to impressing the media and potential dealers.
All amplifiers get good reviews. But few are truly great. Look at what industry insiders choose when it comes to their own money.
The DiaLogue Premium series has set the bar for what an all-tube amplifier should be: Sexy... exotic...versatile... and built with exceptional features not found in any other amp in its class including:
- Adaptive AutoBias. As with all PrimaLuna amps, you never have to worry about biasing your amp ever again. At the flip of a switch, the board is re-calibrated for EL34s or KT88s (or KT120s), ensuring the bias is set to its optimal level for whatever tube you are using. Every DiaLogue Premium Series amplifier can be ordered with either set of power tubes installed.
- All critical signal paths are wired with silver-plated, oxygen-free continuous crystal (OCC) copper with a Teflon dielectric for superior signal speed and increased clarity.
- Premium parts from around the world including Takman resistors from Japan, and SCR tin foil capacitors made in France.
- Exclusive AC Offset Killer. This piece reduces transformer hum, resulting in lower noise and the blackest background ever.
- New front-end circuitry. The DiaLogue Premium uses three 12AU7 tubes per channel, plus further refinements to the ProLogue Premium circuit. The result is even lower distortion and increased bandwidth.
- Stereo or Monoblock operation - It's as simple as flipping a switch, and the DiaLogue Premium Amplifier instantly switches from stereo to monoblock operation!
- All the features found in the award-winning DiaLogue Series: Triode / Ultra-linear switching, point-to-point wiring, conservative design to extend the life of your tubes as well as critical components inside the amp.
The DiaLogue Premium Series also includes the same innovative circuits found in the ProLogue Premium series, that protect the amp at every level:
- BTI-circuit. BTI stands for "Bad Tube Indicator." On the chassis’ deck in front of each power tube, is a small LED that lights up if the tube goes bad. This circuit works hand-in-hand with the new Adaptive Auto-Bias circuit.
- PTP-circuit. If the power transformer should overheat, this "Power Transformer Protection" circuit cuts primary power, allows the amp to cool down, then resets itself.
- OTP-circuit. The "Output Transformer Protection" circuit protects the output transformers in the event of a massive tube failure or user error.
- +B relay. Replaces the plate fuse and works in conjunction with the OTP-circuit to protect the amp against tube failure. This method is less intrusive sonically and the relay resets itself once the faulty tube is replaced.
As with all PrimaLuna components, the DiaLogue Premium Amplifier is made by hand with the finest point-to-point wiring and quality equal to—or better than—any product you can buy at any price. All packaged in a high-gloss, hand-rubbed finish.
(8 Ohms, 1% THD)
|36 watts x 2 (EL34)
40 watts x 2 (KT88)
43 watts x 2 (KT120)
48 watts x 2 (KT150)
(8 Ohms, 1% THD)
|20 watts x 2 (EL34)
20 watts x 2 (KT88)
22 watts x 2 (KT120)
24 watts x 2 (KT150)
(8 Ohms, 1% THD)
|72 watts (EL34)
80 watts (KT88)
84 watts (KT120)
96 watts (KT150)
(8 Ohms, 1% THD)
|36 watts (EL34)
40 watts (KT88)
42 watts (KT120)
48 watts (KT150)
|Inputs||1 Pair RCA|
|Outputs||4, 8, & 16 Ohm output taps (stereo)
2, 4, & 8 Ohm output taps (mono)
|Freq. Response (+/- 1dB)||12Hz-75kHz (stereo)
|THD (1W/1kHz)||0.1% (stereo)
|S/N Ratio||94 dB (stereo)
93 dB (mono)
|Input Impedance||100k Ohm|
|Power Consumption||280 watts|
|Standard Tube Compliment||6 - 12AU7
4 - EL34
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||15" x 8.3 " x 14.2"|