Naim NAC 282 Preamplifier (Power Supply Sold Separately)
This pre-amp needs two power sources. The digital and control circuits are powered by an INCLUDED NAPSC. The audio circuits of the preamp need an external power supply (sold separately), such as the FlatCap XS, HiCap, or SuperCap. Alternatively, some Naim power amps (the NAP 155 XS and NAP 200) can power these audio circuits.
So for example, you have a Naim 155 XS or Naim NAP 200, you don't need to buy anything else--the NAC 282 is powered by the included NAPSC + the NAP 200 (using the current interconnect).
If you have any other power amp, you will need to buy the NAC 282 AND a Naim external power supply such as the FlatCap XS, HiCap, or SuperCap.
Step up from the NAC 202 and you arrive at the outstanding NAC 282, which includes the NAPSC power supply unit optionally available on its sibling. The NAPSC independently powers the NAC 282’s digital and control circuits, leaving its audio circuits to either the power supply of a NAC 155 XS or NAP 200 power amplifier, or to one of Naim's standalone FlatCap XS, HiCap or SuperCap power supplies. The result is even greater transparency and superior musicality plus, of course, all the flexibility you’d expect from a Naim preamplifiers.
- Support for both DIN and RCA inputs to facilitate connection into a wider range of systems
- Silent microprocessor control that sleeps during listening
- Precision rotary potentiometers with precious metal wipers
- AV bypass mode for simple connection to an existing AV system
- Powered input for use with StageLine or SuperLine phono stages
- Performance upgradable with FlatCap XS, HiCap or SuperCap power supply; can also be powered from the preamp inputs of the NAP 155 XS or NAP 200 power amplifier
Other inputs: AV input configurable for unity gain
Input impedance: 47 kΩ
Analog inputs: 4 x DIN, 2 x DIN, RCA
Input sensitivity: 75 mV
Audio outputs: 2 x variable (DIN), 3 x fixed (DIN)
Line outputs variable (level): 775 mV
Line outputs fixed (level): 75 mV, 600 Ω
Load impedance: 10 kΩ (min.)
Output impedance: <50 Ω
Analog: 1 x variable, 3 x fixed (DIN)
Power outputs: For Naim phono amplifier
RS232: Optional (DE9 female)
Remote input: RCA on rear (RC5)
Weight: 15.4 lb
Dimensions (HWD): 3.4" x 17" x 12.36"
Power supply options: NAP 155 XS, NAP 200, FlatCap XS, HiCap, SuperCap
Supplied with: NARCOM-4 remote control
Upgrades: 2 x HiCap/SuperCap