Clearaudio Concept Wood Turntable
The Concept turntable sets a new standard in turntable manufacturing. Precision German engineering combined with the latest technology and timeless design signal a new era in analog playback. The Concept is equipped with the innovative Concept tonearm (formerly known as the Verify tonearm; no change other than name), which features a friction-free magnetic bearing technology. A high-quality Clearaudio moving magnet (Concept MM) or moving coil (Concept MC) cartridge can be pre-mounted and factory-adjusted to complete this setup. The Concept is belt-driven by a low-noise, decoupled DC motor built into the resonant-optimized plinth, “… resulting in an attractive, small-footprint design that doesn’t require the buyer to find a place for an outboard motor—or even a motor placed in a hole in the plinth!” (Michael Fremer, Stereophile, June 2011). The platter is made of 30mm-thick polyoxymethylene (POM), an engineering thermoplastic used in precision parts that require high stiffness, low friction, and excellent dimensional stability. The Concept plays at three speeds – 33rpm, 45rpm, and 78rpm – selectable by Electronic Speed Control knob.
This genuine, timeless and modern design guarantees flawless musical enjoyment for decades.
- Made in Germany
- 2-piece 30mm-thick POM platter
- Polished tempered steel bearing shaft within sintered bronze bushings
- Mirror polished teflon thrust pad
- Belt-driven by a decoupled DC motor
- 33, 45 and 78 rpm at a turn of a dial
- Solid Baltic Birch plinth with black aluminum top plate.
- Wood finish available in natural or dark wood
- Choice of Satisfy Black or Satisfy Carbon tonearm
- Optional factory mounted and aligned MM or MC phono cartridge
- Other cartridge package options also available! Contact us for package deals!
The advantages of the Clearaudio CONCEPT turntable :
- All parameters completely adjusted at the Clearaudio factory
- Absolute perfection in finishing, made in Germany
- Innovative technology and materials
- Friction-free tonearm magnetic bearing technology
- All three speeds possible, 33 1/3, 45 and 78 RPM
- Optional MM or MC cartridge available factory pre-mounted and aligned
- Construction details: Resonance-optimised chassis
- Friction-free tonearm with magnetic bearing technology
- Speed ranges: 33 1/3, 45 and 78 RPM
- Drive unit (motor): Decoupled DC motor with low noise bearings
- Bearing: Polished and tempered steel shaft in a sintered bronze bushing, runs on a mirror of Teflon
- Platter: Black colored POM, 30 mm thickness
- Speed variation: ±0,04 %
- Weight: approx. 7,5 kg incl. motor, tonearm, and cartridge
- Dimensions (W/D/H in inches): approx. 16.54 x 13.78 x 5.51
- Dimensions (W/D/H in mm): approx. 420 x 350 x 140
- Warranty: 2 Years