VPI Designer Prime JMW-10 Tonearm - Limited Edition Black Leather
Upscale Audio is the only VPI dealer in California that is VPI Trained & Certified to handle all of your VPI needs!
This limited edition VPI designer turntable is hand-crafted by a local artisan leather workman in Cliffwood, New Jersy. The Designer model also includes a unique gunmetal finish on JMW-10 tonearm, platter, and motor. Only a handful were ever made.
The Designer Prime Limited Edition is a response to customer requests for a leather Prime turntable; It's a limited run and only 10 were made in black leather. Upscale Audio was able to get ahold of only 3.
Design & Specifications
- Fully Italian leather wrapped chassis hand stitched together by local craftsman
- JMW 10 arm special finished and leather wrapped
- 300 RPM, 24 pole, AC synchronous motor is capable of high torque and quiet operation. The motor is installed in a separate aluminum and steel machined assembly with leather top
- Special finished center weight, motor, and armbase
- Inverted bearing features a hardened stainless steel shaft, 60 Rockwell chrome hardened ball, spinning in a phosphor bronze bushing and sits on a PEEK thrust disc. The belt side load is placed at the center of the spinning bearing for zero teeter-totter effects
- 20 pound 6061 aluminum platter has an accuracy of +/- .001” in a 39” circumference
- Motor pulley tested for an accuracy of +/- .0005” before leaving factory
- Wow and flutter: .03%
- Speed Accuracy: .04%
- Rumble: 82db down
- Dimensions: 21 ⅜" x 15 ¾"
- Footprint: 19 ½" x 13 ¾"
- Weight: 60 lbs