Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital Preamplifier
Digital micro preamplifier with MQA and DSD512 support
Pre Box S2 Digital marks a new era for Pro-Ject's S-series components. For the very first time it is using a dual mono configuration with the highest class D/A converters of ESS Sabre. The flagship DAC-chip ensures highest class audio in a small and affordable package. This DAC is capable of high-resolution audio up to 32bit/768kHz PCM and DSD512! Pre Box S2 Digital is also the very first of our devices to support hardware MQA unfolding. It’s also the premiere of Pro-Ject's proprietary Optimum transient digital filter and its proprietary clock circuitry design. Digital audio is the art of time, with Pro-Ject's new proprietary clock design it has managed jitter rates of unrivaled 100 Femtoseconds, this easily outperforms many renowned and respected audiophile clock generators!
With organic polymer capacitors and thin film miniMELF resistors we were able to create a tiny device that will blow away even much bigger components for a much higher price. With a total of eight digital filters the sound can be shaped precisely to the listeners liking. Pre Box S2 Digital comes with a remote control.
- Dual mono construction
- High-end ESS Sabre ESS9038 dual DAC
- Proprietary clock circuity design
- Organic polymer capacitors and thin film miniMELF resistors
- MQA hardware decoding
- DSD64, DSD128, DSD256 & DSD512 (DoP, DSD512 native)
- Up to 24bit/192kHz for optical & coax inputs
- 8 selectable digital filter characteristics
- 1 proprietary optimum transient digital filter
- Headphone output on the front (6.3mm)
- Synchronization of all internal oscillators
- Jitter as low as 100 Femtoseconds!
- Gold plated four-layer PCB
- Full alu/metal sandwich casing in silver or black
|1x USB (B), 1x Co-axial (RCA), 1x Optical (TOSLink)
|2x ESS9038Q2M 32-bit
|up to DSD512 (DSD1024), PCM up to 32b/768kHz
|PCM up to 24b/192kHz
|PCM up to 24b/192kHz
|7 different selectable on front
|20 Hz - 20 kHz
|6.3mm Headphone (front), 1x Variable Out (RCA
|Minimal recommended headphone impedance
|Headphone output power
|6.6 mW / 600 Ohm; 68 mW / 32 Ohm
|0.0003% @ 0 dB, 2V RMS, 1 kHz
|Outboard Power supply
|5V/1A DC (included)
|Dimensions W x H x D
|103 x 37 x 122 mm (including knob and connectors)
|366 g (without power supply)
Hi-RES MUSIC STREAMING
FREE NOW FOR 2 MONTHS!
Elevate your personal music experience with the highest sound quality available in the world.