Musical Fidelity M8PRE Preamplifier
The M8 has a wide array of inputs including a low noise MM/MC phono stage, two balanced inputs (one with home theatre bypass option), three line inputs (one with home theatre bypass option) and a fully configured tape in/out loop.
The M8 Pre-amp has very high input overload margins. This means that it has a completely stress-free sound. The outputs are very low impedance and high current so that it can drive virtually any power amp in existence through any length cable (balanced or single-ended).
Technical measurements are testament to the M8’s exceptional engineering: from ultra-low distortion to virtually perfect frequency response, and ultra-low noise.
The M8’s perfect partner is a pair of M8-700m monoblock amplifiers.
Listening to the M8Pre with the M8-700m monoblock is quite an experience. The music is reproduced with no stress, no coloration, and sense of relaxation and transparency.
- Genuinely fully balanced preamp
- Eight versatile inputs – 1 XLR Balanced, switchable MM/MC Phono, CD, Tuner, Aux 1, Aux 2, Tape
- Single-ended and balanced outputs as well as a fixed output for tape record
- Home-theatre bypass available in both single-ended and balanced inputs
- Outstanding cutting edge performance
- Amazing load driving ability, will easily drive any power amplifier with any cable of almost any length
- Excellent design and build quality
THD(+ noise) - single-ended: < 0.005 %
THD(+ noise) - XLR Balanced: < 0.004 %
SNR: > 118 dB ‘A’-weighted
Frequency response: +0, –1dB, 5Hz to 100 kHz
2 x XLR balanced line level (1 with home theatre bypass)
5 x RCA / phono line level (1 with home theatre bypass)
1 x RCA pre out
1 x XLR balanced pre out
1 x RCA fixed out
Dimensions (WHD): 17.3" x 6.37" x 15.78"
Weight (unpacked / packed): 37.47 kg / 50.7 kg