KLH Model Five Loudspeaker (each)
A three-way acoustic suspension design with iconic mid-century modern styling
This legendary model was first introduced in 1968 and was the heart and soul of KLH's success through the 1970s. Its acoustic suspension design made it hugely popular and now it's been brought back for 2021, using updated materials and technology, but only where relevant.
The Model Five comes in two beautiful wood veneer finishes with cloth grilles. The West African Mahogany comes with the Old World Linen grille. The English Walnut comes with the Stonewash Linen grille. The grilles are available separately. Many people like to mix and match!
- Iconic mid-century modern styling
- Comes with a 5˚ slant riser base made of powder-coated 14-gauge steel
- Acoustic suspension: An accurate and linear enclosure design
- Three-position acoustic balance control to tailor the loudspeaker’s output for the most difficult acoustic environments
- Dedicated midrange driver to reproduce the critical mid-frequency band
- Non-resonant die-cast aluminum midrange and woofer frames
- Machined aluminum 1” tweeter faceplate
- KLH cabinetry featuring a structurally reinforced ¾” MDF Enclosure
- Thirteen component network using high-quality iron-core
- Inductors and Mylar capacitors
- Low-profile magnet attached grille
- 10-year warranty
Frequency Response(+/- 3 dB): 42 Hz to 20 kHz
Low-Frequency Extension (-10 dB): 32 Hz
Sensitivity: 87.5 dB
Impedance: 6 ohms (3.5 ohm minimum @140 Hz)
Horizontal Dispersion: 140°
Crossover Frequency (2nd Order Electro-Acoustic): 380 Hz; 2,850 Hz
High-Frequency Driver: 1" aluminum dome with soft rubber suspension
Mid-Frequency Driver: 4" pulp-paper cone with reverse roll rubber suspension
Low-Frequency Driver: 10" Pulp-Paper Cone with 2" reverse roll rubber suspension
Inputs: Five-way gold-plated binding posts
Dimensions Without Included Base (WHD): 13.75" x 26" x 11.5"
Dimensions With Included Base (WHD): 13.75" x 34.25" x 13"
Weight (Without Base, With Base): 44 lb, 52 Ib