Zesto Audio Andros Deluxe II Phonostage
The Andros Deluxe II comes with Zesto's new ESP power supply which is available as an upgrade for the Andros Deluxe
What is the ESP (Energy Source Power) Supply?
Zesto named it the ESP Supply because it anticipates the energy needs of the music. The new ESP Supply unlocks the true potential of the circuit, so it is at ease and doesn’t have to work as hard. It allows more music to flow through with more detail. It also creates a more dynamic presentation, the quiet passages are quieter and louder passages have more punch. The sound quality is an improvement throughout the frequency spectrum, so you have better clarity on the bass, midrange, and highs.
Here are the top 8 improvements:
- The transformer changes from an IE to a Toroid design, which generates significantly less noise because it does a better job of concentrating the magnetic field
- The high voltage increases by 17% from 250 V to 300 V which provides more headroom
- Dynamic range is increased from 2 dBV to 11 dBV, so the quietest parts are quieter and the louder parts are louder
- The ESP Supply is designed with bigger, fewer and heftier parts, which delivers more power with improved reliability
- The rugged design of the ESP Supply makes it more resilient to power surges.
- Both the high and low voltage supplies provide more current, so it’s less restrictive to deliver more music
- Maximum output level before clipping is increased up to 3 V RMS, depending on the unit to allow more punch
- In the Phonostages, the noise level is 5 dBV quieter, which increases the black levels considerably
The Andros Deluxe Phonostage is an exciting blend of Zesto’s award winning Phonostages, taking the very best attributes from both. It’s developed from the same footprint of the Andros 1.2 Phonostage and many of the internal features of the Andros Tèssera Phonostage, yet maintaining its own unique sonic personality.
One of the unique features is an entirely new output circuit design that is based on the 12DW7 tube to drive the balanced output transformers. The main printed circuit board is dual-mono for better stereo separation. The input circuit incorporates the large, high-quality built-in MC step-up transformers that are used in the Tèssera. The are designed for better phase linearity. They are also large enough to accommodate all the extra windings and the Mu-metal shielding that reduces noise. This translates to better stereo imaging. The Andros Deluxe II is built with a passion for analog, designed with 100% tube circuitry and no solid state devices anywhere in the signal path.
The tube complement is a pair of gold-pin, high-gain, low-noise 12AX7’s and a pair of gold-pin, high-current, low-noise 12DW7’s.
- High-quality built-in MC step-up transformers
- Independent ground switches affect both the MC-XLR and the MC-RCA inputs and reduce or eliminate hum by breaking ground loops
- Balanced transformers reduce noise by providing a true differential signal and allowing the ground to float, making the noise level very low
- The MM-RCA connectors are always grounded to reduce noise from your cartridge
- The dedicated output transformers are driven by the 12DW7 output tubes providing an accurate balanced signal to your preamp
- The output RCA connectors have a floating ground and the XLR are grounded to reduce ground loops
- The tube complement is a pair of gold-pin, high-gain, low-noise 12AX7’s and a pair of gold-pin, high-current, low-noise 12DW7’s
- Dual-mono circuit which creates better stereo separation
- A low noise level of -80 dBv below maximum output allows the quietest passages to be heard
- Ten position MC load 1000, 800, 700, 600, 500, 400, 300, 200, 100, 50 ohm
- Easily adjustable MC “load on the fly” without clicks or pops
- The gain switch applies to both MC and MM inputs, to better match your cartridges
- 100% analog tube circuitry without any solid-state devices in the signal path, because tubes are inherently more musical
- All the RCA and XLR connectors are gold plated for better conductance and lower corrosion
- All switches and knobs are easily accessible, nothing hidden inside to adjust
- Each unit is hand built “Made in the USA”
- 50-hour factory burn-in on all circuits and vacuum tubes
- Elegantly designed 16-gauge steel enclosure to help isolate the electronic “chatter” from nearby equipment
Output impedance: 150 ohm
Max output level: +9 V
Tube complement: 2 x gold pin JJ ECC83S/12AX7, 2 x JJ ECC832/12DW7
MM impedance: 47 kOhm
MM gain (dB): 45, 50
MC impedances (ohm): 1000, 800, 700, 600, 500, 400, 300, 200, 100, 50
MC gain (dB): 63, 68
MC capacitance: 220 pf
Dimensions (WDH): 17" x 12" x 5"
Weight: 21 lb
Warranty: 2-year limited, 6 months on tubes