Manley Stingray II
The Stingray II integrated tube amplifier has a full-featured RF and IR remote control & built-in headphone amp.
The Stingray II is the next evolution of the acclaimed Stingray Integrated Amplifier. The Stingray II retains the same basic tube circuitry and marvelous output transformers as the original with some important improvements:
The blue LED displays surrounding the INPUT and VOLUME encoder knobs can be dimmed down or turned off entirely, after a user-settable time period, or a "screen-saver" random light sequence can be selected. Speed and intensity of the "Starlight" mode can be tweaked to taste.
All custom user settings are hard written into memory when the unit is put into STANDBY mode and thus retained if power is later interrupted.
Individual sealed gold contact relays deliver the selected input into the volume control system before hitting the first 12AT7 input tubes. Following the 6414 driver/phase splitter, the trusty EL84 output stage can be switched between either around 20 watts of TRIODE power or 40 watts of Ultra Linear mode push-pull operation. Individual bias for each tube is easily adjusted using the trimpots and test points, conveniently located on the top surface of the amplifier. The Stingray's power supply is extra-rugged and stiff, a MANLEY hallmark. It swims with the sharks: fast, agile, fluid, and with consummate authority.
SUBWOOFER OUTPUT allows easy hookup of outboard line-level driven active powered subwoofers. This output is after the volume control so that the subwoofer will track the volume level changes of the main speakers. The SUB OUTPUT is a line level and full frequency output that is AFTER the volume control so your powered subwoofer follows the same volume as your main speakers. These are unbalanced RCA jacks, line level. They feed the line inputs of your subwoofer, NOT the speaker jacks. A switchable TAPE LOOP is standard. The TAPE SEND is the output of the selected input before the volume control. The TAPE RETURN can also be used as a 5th line input if needed.
RECORD OUT (aka Tape OUT) is BEFORE the volume control so you can record whatever input you have selected without your listening level affecting the level going to your recorder. These are unbalanced RCA's. It is UNbalanced RCA's and UNbuffered so check out the input Z to your recorder to make sure it won't load down the Stingray main input while it is plugged in. Usually with unbuffered record outs we recommend you only plug in your recorder only when you are actually recording...
TAPE LOOP: Also known as an INSERT point, the SEND or Tape Out comes off the selector switch as the Record Out option does going to your outboard EQ or Merlin BAM unit or tape recorder and then the signal returns (RETURN) to the Stingray in front of of the volume control so you can play tunes. A toggle switch selects whether the Tape LOOP (and whatever is plugged into the Tape Loop) is active or the signal goes straight through the Stingray as normal.
- 3 x Stereo Line RCA Inputs
- 1 x Stereo Line 1/8" TRS mini-jack Input
- TRIODE - UL Output Stage Mode Switching
- RECORDING OUT
- SUBWOOFER OUT
- TAPE LOOP (Insert) with Bypass switch
- 1/4" Headphone OUTPUT (mutes speakers and subwoofer output when deployed)
- Logic controlled Volume and Balance functions
- All-Vacuum Tube, Low-feedback Stereo Integrated Design
- Output Tubes: 8 x EL84
- Driver Tubes: 2 x 6414
- Input Tubes: 2 x 12AT7
- Maximum Output Power UL mode: 32 Watts x 2 channels 1.5% THD @ 1kHz into 5 ohms
- Maximum Output Power TRIODE mode: 18 Watts x 2 channels 1.5% THD @ 1kHz into 5 ohms
- Frequency Response: 15 Hz - 58 kHz, -1dB
- Gain: 35 dB at max Volume
- Input Sensitivity UL Full Power: 210 mV in = 32 watts out into 5 ohms with volume control at maximum
- Input Sensitivity Triode: 41mV in = 1W into 5 ohms with volume control at 20dB gain setting
- Input Sensitivity UL: 35mV in = 1W into 5 ohms with volume control at 20dB gain setting
- S/N Ratio: typically 72 dB A-WGT, 1W output, 20dB gain, Source Z = shorted input
- THD+N Ratio: typically 64 db at 1W output, Bandwidth 22Hz-22Khz, Source = 1Khz Sine wave
- Input Impedance: 12 Kohm nominal
- Optimum Speaker Load: 5 ohms
Speaker Terminal Output Impedance at 20Hz: 2.36 ohms
at 1KHz: 2 ohms
at 20KHz: 1.83 ohms
- Damping Factor: 2.4
- Headphone Jack Output Impedance: 53 ohms
- Remote Control Type:RF (radio frequency) and IR (infrared), user selectable
- Volume Control: Cirrus Digital Level Control System, controlled by Grayhill Rotary Encoders
- Power Consumption (Standby): 6W
- Power Consumption Idle: 198W
- Maximum Power Consumption at Full Power: 300W
- Power Supply: is factory set for 100V, 120V or 220-240VAC operation for original destination country's mains voltage.
- Dimensions: W= 19", D=14", H= 7 1/2"
- Shipping Weight: 35 lbs.