Berkeley Audio Design Alpha DAC Reference Series 3
Ultra low phase noise clocking with MQA, HDCD decoding, multiple filter options, and a volume control
The Alpha DAC Reference achieves a very high level of realism by focussing on mitigating time-domain errors. The Series 3 takes this immediacy and palpability to a whole new level. Berkeley DACs use a commercial delta-sigma convertor, but turn off all filtering and DSP functions except for the central conversion circuit. All digital filtration and process is done using custom code and components, carefully created for the best possible sound.
If you have a streamer with a USB output, use the USB out of the streamer into a Berkeley Audio Design Alpha USB Interface and the AES/EBU output into the DAC for the highest sound quality.
- Unequaled MQA rendering to 384kHz and above
- Ultra-low phase noise conversion clocking
- Ultra-low distortion variable output attenuator
- Outputs can connect directly to power amplifiers
- HDCD decoding detects 16-bit flag at 44.1kHz or 24-bit flag at all sampling rates
- Multiple digital filter options
- Firmware is upgradeable through signal inputs
Sampling rate: 32 kHz to 192 kHz, 24 bit
Inputs: 1 x AES/EBU XLR, 2 x BNC S/PDIF, 1 x TOSLINK
Outputs: 1 x stereo pair XLR balanced, 1 x stereo pair RCA unbalanced
Digital volume (60 dB range): 0.1 dB/step
Balance control (60 dB range): 0.05 dB/step
Dimensions (WHD): 17.5" x 3.5” x 12.5”
Weight: 30 lb
Hi-RES MUSIC STREAMING
FREE NOW FOR 2 MONTHS!
Elevate your personal music experience with the highest sound quality available in the world.