Roon Nucleus+ Network Streamer
Every Roon Nucleus and Nucleus+ now comes with a one-year subscription to Roon worth $119.88 ($9.99 a month, billed annually).
The Roon Nucleus is designed to run the engine of the Roon system, the Core. It is the device that manages your library and sends music out to the various Roon Endpoints in your home.
If necessary, the Nucleus can also function as a streamer for a USB DAC.
The Nucleus makes Roon totally plug and play. It runs a pared down OS designed by Roon called ROCK, and is therefore a dedicated, low noise, low jitter appliance. You need nearly no computer knowledge and certainly don't need any deep network skills.
You control Roon using the Remote which is installed on a smart phone or tablet. The Roon Core (on the Nucleus) does all the heavy work--album indexing, data streaming, leaving the app on your phone to be fast and light.
This also means you can use Roon for upsampling or DSP.
Use the Nucleus if you have fewer than 10,000 albums and aren't supporting many zones and DSP. Pick the Nucleus+ for larger collections and/or heavy DSP use across many zones.
- The Roon Nucleus+ features
- i7 processor
- 8GB RAM
- 128GB OS SSD
- 212mm (W) x 156mm (D) x 74mm (H) 8.3” (W) x 6.1” (D) x 2.9” (H) 3.85kg gross weight (in retail package) 2.5kg net weight (product only)
- 12-19V DC
- (2x) USB 3.0 (for hard drive and/or DAC) (1x) HDMI (stereo/multi-channel audio output) (1x) Gigabit Ethernet LAN
- 2.5” SATA SSD or HDD (optional). Drives of any storage capacity are supported, but limited to maximum 9.5mm drive height. (Note: user-installed drive will be formatted on ﬁrst use)
- USB 2.0/3.0 drives of any size
- Over 10,000 albums (100,000 tracks)
- More than 6 simultaneous zones
- All DSP functions available.