VPI Prime Turntable with JMW 10 3D Tonearm
Upscale Audio is the only VPI dealer in California that is VPI Trained & Certified to handle all of your VPI needs!
Ask about our special cartridge packages.
Flagship turntable performance at a reasonable price. Now available with unipivot or gimbaled bearing tonearm
With the Prime, VPI wanted to get back to its roots and focus on a table that offers quality high-end sound while taking advantage of improvements in technology. The Prime is Mat Weisfeld's first solo design on a table with Harry's approval as well as input from the rest of the VPI staff.
The Prime includes the following:
- 10 inch 3D arm - Your choice of Gimbal or Unipivot bearing
- VTA Tower for VTA/SRA on the fly
- Classic 20 pound platter and bearing
- Outboard 300 RPM motor housing
- New "Prime" feet which offer improved isolation and better mechanical grounding
- Stainless Steel/Delrin record clam
- Chassis made of black textured vinyl over MDF with an 11 gauge steel plate bonded to the underside for the ultimate in resonance control and feedback rejection
- Four solid Delrin corner assemblies designed for isolation and mechanical grounding!! A first
- A 300 rpm 24 pole AC synchronous motor capable of high torque and quiet operation installed in a separate aluminum and steel machined assembly
- Inverted bearing - hardened stainless steel shaft, 60 Rockwell chrome hardened ball, spinning in a phosphor bronze bushing and sitting on a PEEK thrust disc. The belt side load is placed at the center of the spinning bearing for zero teeter-tooter effects
- 20-pound damped platter machined from 6061 aluminum to +/- .001” in a 39” circumference!!!
- Motor pulley has an accuracy of +/- .0005” when leaving factory
- Wow and flutter: >.1%
- Speed Accuracy: >.03%
- Rumble: >85db down
- Pivot to spindle: 258mm
- Effective length: 273.4mm
- Overhang: 15.4mm
- Offset angle: 15.42 degrees
- Average RMS distortion: 0.311%
- Internal wiring: premium Discovery wire, optional Nordost Valhalla
- New design 3d printed one-piece body for the ultimate in resonance control.
- Full-length copper shielding tube internally
- Adjustable side weights for finer azimuth settings.
- Built-in “Easy lift” finger lift.
- Offset stainless steel counterweight for stability
- Easy setting of VTA/SRA in thousandths of an inch, calibrated and repeatable
- Adjustable anti-skate.