Lumin S1 Network Music Player
Pro Tip: Add quality Wi-Fi to any Lumin with this product from Amazon. In-store tested and capable of handling even DSD 512 flawlessly! TP-Link Wireless N300 2T2R Access Point on Amazon
Winner of the Six Moons “Blue Moon” Award
Winner of The Absolute Sound’s 2017 Golden Ear Awards
Lumin’s FLAGSHIP model, The LUMIN S1 Network Music Player adds DSD128 5.6Mhz support by utilizing 4 ESS SABRE32 Reference DAC chips to deliver a total of 16 DACs per channel in parallel.
While LUMIN S1 brings greater resolution and a more dynamic sound, no stone has been left unturned to ensure that the characteristic LUMIN musicality is delivered. This has involved tuning every part of the system to complement these new DAC chips, including revising the clocking system and enhancing the external dual-toroidal power supply.
LUMIN S1 Network Music Player – The new streaming standard
- DSD128 5.6Mhz playback and HDMI output
- 4 ESS SABRE32 9018 DAC chips delivering 16 DACs per channel
- New clocking system
- Enhanced external dual-toroidal power supply
Effortlessly plays everything from DSD 128 5.6Mhz through high-res PCM to mainstream formats FLAC, Apple Lossless, MP3 and Internet radio streams.
Gapless Playback, On-Device Playlists and robust music buffering provide a superior playback experience, free from distractions.
Precision-machined from a solid block of aluminum using the finest materials, LUMIN deserves a place at the top of any audiophile’s hi-fi.
The highest-grade matching components, circuit design, and spacious layout include true balanced audio outputs and an external toroidal power supply.
A superbly natural, attractive and uniquely designed iPad app makes music browsing and selection a pleasure for everyone.
- DSD Support: Up to DSD128 5.6MHz, 1-bit
- HDMI Output:
- PCM 44.1kHz–192kHz, 16–24-bit,
- DSD 2.8MHz, 1-bit
- Analog Output Stage:
- 4 ESS SABRE32 9018 DAC chips: 2 units per channel delivering 16 DACs per channel in parallel
- Fully balanced layout with high-quality components
- Output connectors coupled with dual LUNDAHL LL7401 output transformers
- Power Supply:
- External dual mono toroidal
- Available in 240V and 110V versions
- 350mm (W), 345mm (D), 60mm (H).
- Dual-toroidal PSU:
- 100mm (W), 315mm (D), 55mm (H)
All LUMIN Music Players include the following features:
- Streaming Protocol: UPnP AV protocol with audio streaming extension
- Gapless Playback
- On-Device Playlist
- Supported Audio File Formats: DSD Lossless: DSF (DSD), DIFF (DSD), DoP (DSD), PCM Lossless: FLAC, Apple Lossless (ALAC), WAV, AIFF, Compressed (lossy) Audio: MP3, AAC (in M4A container)
- Supported Audio Sample Rates, Bit Depths, Number of Channels:
- PCM: 44.1kHz – 384kHz, 16–32bit, Stereo
- DSD: 2.8MHz (5.6MHz on LUMIN S1), 1-bit, Stereo
- Upsampling rates & bit depths:
- DSD upsampling option for all files up to 96kHz
- Supported Control Devices: All models of Apple iPad (v2 or later). iOS 8.0 or later required. Full Retina Display support.
- App Features: High-resolution artwork. Artwork caching. AirPlay compatibility. Multiple-tag handling. ‘Composer’ tag support. Find & Filter. Tag browsing.
- Input: Ethernet Network 100Base-T, USB storage, flash drive, USB hard disk (Single-partition FAT32, NTFS and EXT2/3 only)
- Outputs: Analog Audio: XLR balanced, 4Vrms, pin 2 Hot, RCA unbalanced, 2Vrms
- Digital Audio: BNC SPDIF:
- PCM 44.1kHz-192kHz, 16-24bit
- DSD (DoP, DSD over PCM) 2.8MHz, 1bit
- HDMI: PCM 44.1kHz-192kHz, 16-24bit, DSD (Native or DoP) 2.8MHz, 1bit
- Finish: Raw brushed aluminum, Black anodized aluminum finish is available as a special order item.
- Firmware-upgradable for further features and enhancements
Hi-RES MUSIC STREAMING
FREE NOW FOR 2 MONTHS!
Elevate your personal music experience with the highest sound quality available in the world.