Acoustical Systems SMARTractor Turntable Alignment Tool
While the UNI-Protractor represents the most universal and versatile phono alignment tool ever introduced in high-end audio, it is an instrument which - due to its complexity and versatility - appeals more to professional users.
The serious audiophile who is interested in aligning - if only periodically - his analog front-end to the utmost precision does look for precision which comes handy and which is easy to operate.
To answer this request we have designed the SMARTractor - a direct off-spring of our UNI-Protractor.
The SMARTractor brings the same unparalleled precise tangential alignment for which the UNI-Protractor earned its laurels - PLUS the 0.05mm precise mounting distance measurement of the UNI-P2S.
- The SMARTractor comes with five tangential curves combined in one template
- The SMARTractor's template is made from 3 mm (= same thickness as 180 g LP) strong premium grade German XT mirrored acrylic supplied by Evonik
- No-error-possible single-point alignment with 3 mm deep parallax (for ALL helping lines) - an extreme precise, easy and fast alignment
- Super easy to use with one-point fixed setting for every tangential curve
- All alignment lines are CNC-laser cut hairlines
- Incorporates real glass aluminum-frame magnifier with automatic focus jig for unrivaled precise magnified view during alignment
- All five tangential alignments are based on true triangular positioning and thus are independent of effective length and thus suitable for ALL pivot tonearms, no matter what their effective length or mounting position
- The SMARTractor further comes with in-built direct mounting distance - P2S -measurement with 0.05 mm accuracy