PrimaLuna DiaLogue Seven Monoblocks (pair), Only Black Left
Want the ultimate? Classic Ultralinear all-tube sound, with all the body and glory that you could ask for. For an additional $800 over the EL-34 equipped DiaLogue Six, you will get an amplifier that has better bass authority, increased detail and definition, and a little more air on top, but never edgy.
In addition, the ProLogue Seven comes specially equipped with the following upgrades:
- Upgraded Solen capacitors made in France. The result is an even better midband and wonderful clarity.
- Fast Recovery Diodes. Resulting in increased definition and detail, especially when the music becomes complex.
- KT88 Output Tubes. We use the current production copy of the legendary Genalex KT88. The tube sounds wonderful, with tremendous body and punch, while still giving you the warmth and humanity you'd expect from an all-tube amplifier.
70 watts ultralinear, 40 watts triode with enough juice to drive most any speaker with ease and grace, and that famous EL-34 warmth people crave. The DiaLogue Seven monoblocks begin with the same basic topology as the top-rated DiaLogue Two integrated.
But the monoblocks reach a new level of performance using a unique dual-feedback topology: Cross-coupled current feedback for superior impulse behavior and gain stability. Next a slight amount of negative feedback is used to achieve exact gain setting, low distortion, and low output impedance. This effectively cancels the negative byproducts associated with both feedback circuits. The end result utilizes all the benefits of feed-back, without all the drawbacks.
Finally, the monoblocks integrate newly-designed, wide-band, low-loss, output transformers, built to handle even the most difficult speaker loads. Two transformers are wired in parallel in each amp for even greater control and bandwidth. A two Ohm output tap is added for additional flexibility.
Like all PrimaLuna amplifiers, it boasts:
- Soft-start circuit Extends component and tube life by powering up the amp gently every time you turn it on.
- Tube plate fuse Protects the amplifier output stage.
- Adaptive AutoBias. Exclusive to PrimaLuna, this circuit monitors and adjusts bias automatically. Improved performance and better sound, with distortion reduced by 40% to 50% over conventional designs. Plug in virtually any power tube. Adaptive AutoBias will automatically adjust itself! In addition to EL-34s, you can use 6550, KT88, KT90, 6L6GC, KT66, 7581, EL37, and any of their equivalents.
- Premium parts . Fully vented chassis, chassis-mounted ceramic tube sockets, Alps potentiometer, Nichicon and Realcap capacitors. WBT style speaker terminals. Gold plated input jacks.
- Hand made with the finest point to point wiring, with workmanship equal to or better than any product you can buy at any price, period.
- Chassis made of finely finished heavy gauge steel, and five step automotive quality finish. Each coat hand rubbed and polished. Removable tube cage included no charge.
- Toroidal power transformer for low hum, and a front end that is dead quiet.
- Conservative design runs tubes easy for long life.
Next we take the DiaLogue Seven to new heights with:
- Triode/Ultralinear switching. Allows you to switch how the power tubes operate on the fly, via a slim aluminum remote, allowing you to stay in your nice comfy seat while switching between the two modes.
- Improved output transformers designed for wide-bandwidth and high efficiency. These heavy-duty transformers elicit incredible detail from top to bottom, lower the output impedance, and provide the amp with greater control over speakers with difficult loads.
Built to Western standards with PrimaLuna's standard-setting build quality and unparalleled reliability.
Output: 70 W ultralinear, 40 W triode
Freq. Response: 10 Hz - 100 kHz +/- 3 dB
THD: Less than 0.25 % @ 1 W, 2 % at full power
S/N Ratio: 84 dB
Input Sensitivity: 1.1 V
Power Consumption : 232 W
Dimensions: 15.2" x 8.3" x 16" (WxHxD)
Weight: 63.8 lb
Inputs: 1 single RCA
Outputs: 2, 4 and 8 ohm speaker taps
Tube Complement: 2 - 12AX7, 2 - 12AU7, 4 - KT88