Lumin U1 MINI Digital Transport/Streamer
Pro Tip: Add quality Wi-Fi to any Lumin with this product from Amazon. In-store tested and capable of handling even DSD 512 flawlessly! Click here: TP-Link Wireless N300 2T2R Access Point on Amazon
NOTE: If you install, or ask us to install the Sbooster Lumin Kit for the Sbooster upgrade described below, THE UNIT IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR OUR 60-DAY RETURN
UPGRADE ALERT - You've got to hear the Lumin U1 MINI powered by the Sbooster Audiophile Power Supply. More body, ease, and increased air. A much lower noise floor. A huge boost in performance for an already impressive component. Highly recommended.
Lumin U1 MINI uses the 12-13V Sbooster (it does not work with the Sbooster Ultra upgrade). You will also need the Lumin connection kit.
Following the huge success of LUMIN D2, LUMIN decided to investigate the possibility of making the LUMIN transport technology similarly accessible.
The result is a huge specification in a compact package.
Capable of upsampling and downsampling all the way from 44.1kHz to DSD128 and supporting playback of DSD256, LUMIN U1 MINI matches the U1 in almost every area - except price.
Transport-only unit combines the best of the U1 and the D2
- Identical processor supports DSD256 (over USB) and 384khz playback
- Quad native clock system for precision timing
- Low noise shielded switching power supply
- 5 types of digital audio output including USB
- MQA Decoding
- Resamping to every supported format up to DSD128
- Supports DoP (DSD over PCM) for Optical, Coaxial RCA, Coaxial BNC & AES/EUB SPDIF
All the usual LUMIN refinements
- From MQA to DSD, FLAC to WAV, LUMIN can play all the high-resolution formats you could ever want
- Native support for TIDAL, Qobuz, Spotify and AirPlay, giving you access to tens of millions of songs
- The unique and intuitive LUMIN App described as "the most convenient interface in existence" by Tinman
- LUMIN programme of continuous development that has seen Roon, MQA, and Spotify support added in 2017 alone.
DSD Support: Up to DSD256 11.2MHz, 1-bit
PCM Support: Up to 384kHz, 16–32-bit, Stereo
Digital Output Stage
USB: DSD256, 11.2MHz, 1-bit, Stereo. PCM 44.1–384kHz, 16–24-bit, Stereo
OPTICAL, COAXIAL RCA, COAXIAL BNC & AES/EBU: DSD (DoP, DSD over PCM) 2.8MHz, 1-bit. PCM 44.1kHz–192kHz, 16–24-bit
Power Supply: Internal shielded 100–240V AC auto-ranging
Finish: Raw brushed aluminium or black anodised brushed aluminium
Dimensions (WDH): 300 x 244 x 60 mm
Weight: 3 kg
Shipping dimensions (WDH): 470 x 340 x 170 mm
Shipping weight: 4.5 kg