Klipsch Heresy IV Loudspeaker (each)
Must be purchased in pairs.
First introduced in 1957, the Heresy, a three-way design, started out as a compact center channel speaker to accompany the Klipschorn® in three-speaker stereo arrays. The Heresy IV offers unparalleled sound quality from a relatively small speaker.
- All-new K-702 midrange compression driver, featuring a polyimide diaphragm, for exceptional detail
- K-702 midrange is mated to the K-704 Tractrix® horn for a wide coverage pattern
- K-107-TI titanium diaphragm high-frequency driver with an all-new wide dispersion phase plug for providing exceptionally even high-frequency dispersion
- All-new high fidelity network for truer to life sound, best-in-class efficiency, and power handling
- For the first time, the Heresy IV features a rear port for the most efficient, fastest air transfer in their class, which reduces port noise for punchier low frequencies
- Klipsch Tractrix ports have custom designed inner flares that help reduce air turbulence entering the port. Less turbulent air helps reduce port noise for cleaner, more powerful bass
- Available in a high-quality Black Ash, Natural Cherry, Distressed Oak, or American Walnut wood veneer finish
- Designed and assembled in the USA
- Comes with a 10-year warranty
Upgrades from Heresy III
- Wide dispersion HF phase plug versus the old standard one
- K-702 polyimide diaphragm compression driver offers better clarity and dynamics, and is larger than the outgoing K-53 titanium driver
- Modified Tractrix horn with Mumps technology for a smoother response, and better coverage over the K-701 horn
- Steep-slope network with internal AudioQuest wiring
- Now with a port. The Tractrix port offers tighter and faster low frequencies
- Cosmetic upgrades include a scripted logo badge, brushed aluminum input panel, salt-and-pepper grille cloth, and improved finishes
Frequency Response (+/- 4 dB): 48-20,000 Hz
Sensitivity: 99 dB
Nominal Impedance: 8 ohm
Crossover Frequencies: 4,500 Hz, 850 Hz
HF Driver: K-107-TI 1” titanium diaphragm compression
MF Driver: K-702 1.75” polyimide diaphragm compression
LF Driver: K-28-E 12” fiber-composite cone woofer
Enclosure Material: MDF
Inputs: Dual binding posts / bi-wire / bi-amp
Dimensions (WHD): 15.5" x 24.81" x 13.25"
Weight: 45 lb
Founded by one of America's most celebrated audio pioneers, Klipsch has been making legendary loudspeakers since 1946. Paul W. Klipsch's goal was to reproduce the excitement of a live orchestra in his living room, and the Klipschorn was, and still is, the shining pinnacle of his achievements.
All of the brilliance of that original corner horn has been distilled and poured through Klipsch's Heritage series, a line of horn-loaded speakers made from premium materials and following the four core principles of the Klipsch sound. Designed and assembled in the USA.