Klipsch Klipschorn AK6 75th Anniversary Loudspeaker (each)
There are just 75 pairs in existence of this coveted extremely limited edition speaker, and we have one! It comes in a very special teak finish, and we are proud, as one of the largest Klipsch dealers in the world, to offer this to our customers. Must be ordered as a pair.
Audio pioneer and company founder Paul W. Klipsch launched the Klipschorn loudspeaker in 1946 to enable people, for the first time ever, to experience the power, detail and emotion of a live performance at home. Commonly called a corner-horn speaker, the remarkably uncommon Klipschorn includes a highly efficient horn loaded tweeter and midrange compression driver. Its patented folded-horn 15" woofer delivers powerful low frequencies.
Klipschorn 75th Anniversary Edition Features
75th Anniversary Logo
Nostalgic 75th logo w/ natural 2mm diamond accentuating the sterling silver, hand-applied enamel, and rhodium design
Teak Wood Veneers & Lambswool Grilles
Teak real wood veneers lambswool grilles highlight the elegance and longevity of the 75th anniversary Klipschorn while paying homage to the mid-century modern design
Commemorative plaque with laser-engraved serial number, date, and signature
Commemorative Box of Extras
- 75th-anniversary book
- 75th-anniversary poster
- 75th-anniversary logo lighted sign
- Pair of T5 II earphones engraved with 75th logo
- Set of four leather coasters
- Free one-year membership to Klipsch Museum of Audio History
- Three-month Qobuz membership
- Certificate of authenticity
- Care instructions for diamond chip & 75th logo
- Highly efficient: 105 dB 1W / 1M
- Fully horn-loaded, full range, three-way system with a patented folded-horn 15" woofer delivers powerful low frequencies
- 2" midrange and 1" tweeter compression drivers
- Capable of extreme output levels with ultra low distortion and astonishing dynamic range
- Available in a high-quality Walnut, Cherry, or Black Ash wood veneer finish Lambswool grille covers
- 10-year warranty
- Made in USA
- Frequency Response (+/- 4 dB): 33 Hz – 20 kHz
- Sensitivity: 105 dB @ 2.83 V / 1 m
- Power Handling (Peak/Cont): 100 W / 400 W
- Maxiumu SPL: 121 dB Continuous
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohm Compatible
- Crossover Frequency: HF 4500 Hz, MF 450 Hz
- High-Frequency Driver: K-77-D 1” (2.54 cm) Phenolic diaphragm compression driver
- Midrange: K-55-X 2” (5.08 cm) Phenolic diaphragm compression driver
- Low-Frequency Driver: K-33-E 15” (38.1 cm) Fiber-composite cone woofer with a trihedral exponential folded horn
- Enclosure Material: Birch Plywood and MDF
- Inputs: Dual binding posts / bi-wire / bi-amp
- Dimensions (HWD): 50.75” x 31.25” x 28.25”
- Weight: 175 lb (79.5 kg)
AN AMERICAN ORIGINAL
Audio pioneer and company founder Paul W. Klipsch launched the Klipschorn loudspeaker in 1946 to enable people, for the first time ever, to experience the power, detail and emotion of a live performance at home.
HANDCRAFTED IN HOPE, AR
As the only speaker in the world to be in continuous production for over 65 years, the Klipschorn has remained relatively unchanged since its inception.
We still make them by hand just the way Paul W. Klipsch used to.
Considered a watershed industry event, the introduction of the Klipschorn set the standard for high sensitivity, wide dynamic range, low distortion, and smooth frequency response. These principles, which drive the creation of every single Klipsch loudspeaker, are what make the Klipschorn as sought after today as it was decades ago.
"The secret of the product quality wasn’t the fact that it was a cornerhorn speaker, but that it was, well, a high quality product all the way through."
Paul W. Klipsch
IT STILL ROCKS
In 2005, the company made some minor cosmetic and functional revisions to this legendary speaker, including the elimination of the inset collar, or spacer, between the upper and lower cabinets for a cleaner aesthetic appearance. A horizontal wall seal was added to improve the low frequency horn's response accuracy.
Available in a cherry, walnut or black ash wood veneer finish, the Klipschorn reflects a level of high-quality workmanship that will never go out of style.
Klipsch Heritage Series speakers are built to order, handmade in the US at our Hope, Arkansas manufacturing facility. Choose "standard shipping" and allow up to 8 weeks turnaround time.